You might want to take a closer look at the amazing benefits of the software. Ensure that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval with this.
Is it a good choice for your company? Are you going to make the right investment?
We will give you features and benefits to help you make the right decision.
What is SharePoint?
Customer-oriented web-based platform, Microsoft SharePoint Online is a highly configurable and customer-oriented platform. It works with Microsoft Office to store and share files. It is a content and document management system
There is a secure workspace for organizations to coordinate. You can get details about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 and choose the app you want to use.
- Click on the create site option if you want to choose a Page.
- The team site should be chosen.
- The design of your website will match your needs.
- Correct details can be entered, which includes name and description.
- Click on Finish to complete the setup
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They act as a place for your members to keep their lists. The ability to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner is offered by SharePoint. Once the users click on the library, they have access to the documents.
The best way to use the document library is with this method.
- You can choose the documents in the left-vertical pane.
- To add new items, choose New. In the current library folder, you can drag and drop files.
- The app will open the Microsoft Office file.
- Modern web apps allow you to modify the file with other people. You can check out a file and stop others from working on it simultaneously.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items from the list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
A set of decisions and tasks give you the outcomes. The execution of standard business processes are handled by them. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained from this.
There are different roles with the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute queries. The recent website is where the scope of search is. The search application processes the query and returns results that match the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be found in the search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are required by the search engine in Microsoft Sharepoint online. When you add words to the search query box, it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
It gives the host features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data. The data can be stored in the library in order to enhance search and analysis.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
This template has a lot of components that are related to project management.
- A summary of the project.
- There is a task timetable.
- The task list has things listed.
- A calendar.
- “There’s a document library.”
- There are features in built-in task management.
It is easy to handle tasks and projects hassle-free with this method.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The best features, pros and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. It’s perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”